The management of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
UNIBEN postgraduate programmes lead to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the institution.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
- Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Masters degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to email@example.com. or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available. Note: students are advised to always check the address/telephone when applying.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission
Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira only).
The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN portal at myuniben.org.
Candidates are expected to download Referee and Transcript Request Forms from the website and ensure that these forms are clearly filled with all information required, and send to Postgraduate School.
Any Application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
Candidates are to visit the website from 8th June 2018.
All application processes must be completed on or before 31st August, 2018.
UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Procedure
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees itemised below.
- Bank/Portal Charges – 5,000.00
- Admission clearance – 23,000.00
- ICT Levy – 6,000.00
- Development levy – 15,000.00
- MTN Net Library – 1,000.00
- Total = 50,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.