The management of the University of Benin Teaching Hospital Training Schools, Benin City, invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into its School of Health Information Management (SHIM) Higher National Diploma programmes.
SHIM is a Monotechnic (Health Profession) accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE), Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) and the Joint Admission Matriculation Board/Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (JAMB / UTME). Graduates of the school are now eligible for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
Admission Entry Requirements
- Candidate must possess the National Diploma (ND) Certificates in Health Information Management in addition to meeting the requirements for the normal admission as stipulated for ND programme and evidence of one year industrial training from recognized establishment in the health sector.
- Holders of Technician Certificates in Health Information Management from Schools or Colleges of Health Technology may be considered for admission if such schools have been accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE). Such candidates must meet the requirements as stipulated for admission in the ND programme .
- Candidates with Technician Certificates in Health Information Management with Upper Credit and above, issued by the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria (HRORBN) will be considered for admission into the HND Programme, provided they meet the entry requirements for the ND programme.
How to Apply for UBTH School of Health Information Management Post UTME
- Application Forms are obtainable from the Office of the Head, School of Health Information Management, University of Benin Teaching Hospital, Benin City.
- Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of Six Thousand (N6, 000.00) Naira only; payable to UBTH Account with TSA under the service type: Training – School of Health Information Management using REMITA Platform in any Bank in Nigeria
Closing Date: Completed forms should be returned to the office of the Head of School on or before Friday 31st August, 2018.
- Date: Thursday 6th September, 2018.
- Venue: The School Premises in UBTH.
- Time: 9:00am prompt.