The management of Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) is inviting all suitably qualified candidates to apply for admission into its National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Special programmes for the 2018/2019 academic session.
Like other graduates from universities in Nigeria, upon completion of the HND program, graduates of NIJ who fall within the required age for NYSC and meet all other criteria are mobilized to serve in the National Youth Service Corps.
Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Post UTME – ND Programme
- Have 5 O’level (WAEC/NECO) credits, including English and mathematics at not more than 2 sittings.
- Prospective candidates are to sit and pass last JAMB’s UTME with the general cut-off mark
Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication
Candidate Eligible for NIJ HND Admission
- Have a National Diploma certificate from a recognized institution with at least lower credit and 1 year post-ND industrial attachment experience.
- Meet the requirements for entry level (that is have at least 5 credits in your O’level result in not more than 2 sittings).
NIJ PGD programmes – Postgraduate Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations/Advertising
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Admission.
1. Have a good HND or University Degree in any discipline
2. Show evidence of participation in NYSC or exception letter
NIJ Special Prgramme
Candidate Eligible for NIJ Special Prgramme.
The School runs specialised short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialised areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas. There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
How to Apply for Nigerian Institute of Journalism Admission
Interested persons should apply through the links below:
This year application for admission will close on Friday, May 25, 2018.