The management of Lagos State University (LASU) has released a notice to all graduands in respect of the 22nd Convocation scheduled for Wednesday, 23rd May, 2018 and Thursday, 24th May, 2018. The notice includes the convocation fee payment procedure, academic gown collection, convocation package collection and many more.
LASU Notice to Graduands
All graduands are to take note of the following:
1. Graduands are required to pay the sum of Ten Thousand Naira [N10,000.00] only, into designated bank below:
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 000659408
ACCOUNT NAME: LASU THIRD PARTY
Invitation Cards, Notice AND Convocation Package will thereafter be issued on the presentation of receipt of payment.
NOTE: A refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000:00) only, will be Made to graduands on return of the Academic Gown.
2. Academic Gown should be returned immediately, after the Ceremony OR latest by Monday, 28th May, 2018, after which the refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira [N2,000:00] only, will be paid to graduands at the Bursary on the presentation of clearance, obtained at the Faculties;
3. Any graduand who holds on to the academic attire beyond Monday, 28th May, 2018, will be liable to a fine of Five Hundred Naira [N500:00] only, for each day of default. Also, any graduand who loses OR damages the academic attire would pay a sum of Ten Thousand, Three Hundred Naira [N10,300:00] only,as replacement fee.
Postgraduate Graduands [Ph.D Only] are required to pay a sum of Forty Five Thousand(N45,000:00) Naira only, into the above account number for procuring the University Academic Gown and their Certificate.
4. First Degree graduands are to move the tassels of their caps from right to left at a point during the ceremony, when the Vice Chancellor declares; “I admit you all”. This signifies their admission into the body of Graduates of Lagos State University (LASU).
Higher Degree recipients should put on their caps, with the tassels placed at the left hand side, since they already have their First Degrees.
5. ALL graduands should seek the assistance of faculty Officers to ensure that the hood and cap are properly worn, with the tassels (cords) of the cap positioned to the right,
6. Female graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male graduands bow, but should NOT remove their caps.
7. Parents/Guardians and Invited Guests are advised to be seated NOT later than 9.35 a.m. on each day.
(GRADUANDS SHOULD PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY)
- Graduands are to join the Convocation Procession by 9.30a.m.
- Graduands in each Faculty are expected to be seated in the sections provided for them in the University Auditorium Complex.
- The Convocation package comprising:
- Order of proceedings;
- Convocation brochure (1 copy each)
- Academic Gown; AND
- Certificate Folder Will be given to graduands by their “respective Faculty Officer OR Secretary to the Postgraduate School, for Higher Degrees as the case may be.
- UNAUTHORIZED MOVEMENTS AND TAKING OF PHOTOGRAPHS WILL NOT be allowed during the Convocation Ceremonies. Graduands are therefore advised in their own interest to complete such activity before coming into the University Auditorium OR wait till after the ceremony. Any graduand who leaves his/her seat while the ceremony is on will NOT be allowed to return to the Auditorium. This is to ensure ORDERLINESS during the Convocation Ceremonies.
- Graduands and Invited Guests under the canopy outside the Auditorium are requested to be orderly and rise to their feet as the Academic Procession enters AND leaves the Convocation venue.
- Graduands should be properly robed; and are also advised to conform to the colour prescribed for their Faculties.
- All graduands are required to immediately commence and complete the process of their clearance in their respective College/Schools/Faculties before the ceremony, in order to facilitate the collection of their Degree Certificates on the day of Convocation.
The Vice Chancellor congratulates all Graduands, Parents/Guardians Stakeholders and the entire University Community on the occasion of the 22nd Convocation Ceremonies of the University.