Syngenta is a world-leading agribusiness committed to sustainable agriculture through innovative research and technology. The company is a leader in crop protection, and ranks third in the high-value commercial seeds market. Sales in 2007 were approximately US$ 9.24 billion. Syngenta employs some 21,000 people in 90 countries. Headquarters is located in Basel, Switzerland.
Since Syngenta strongly believes that talented people are the key to successful businesses they embrace INSEAD's mission to train the brightest and best from around the world for the challenge of tomorrow's business world. Syngenta is particularly committed to the dynamic emerging market regions and has therefore chosen to offer this scholarship opportunity to future leaders from emerging countries.
Two scholarships will be awarded per class and candidates for this scholarship will need to demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic achievement and promise
- Aptitude for business and financial management
- Leadership potential and
- A commitment to contributing to their country or region at some point in the future.
Candidates must be a national of an emerging economy and have spent a substantial part of their lives in the developing world, in education and/or professional experience. Experience in industry will be considered a plus. Preference will be given to candidates who require proven financial assistance.
Essay topic :
- Briefly discuss the requirements for successful business leadership in your country today. Describe how you envisage contributing to the future development of your country after graduation and why you should be considered for this award. (200 words)
- Briefly discuss measures required for sustainable agriculture in your country/region in the context of urban and rural development. Focus on what you consider to be the most important element (350 words)
- Provide a concise but accurate description of your financial circumstances as well as a cash flow forecast for the year at INSEAD (details of income set against expenditures). (150-200 words)
Amount of Award:
Complete online application and submit with essays.
Scholarship Application Deadline:
December 2018 Class:
Applications Open: 24 April 2017
Deadline: 8 May 2017
Applications Open: 5 June 2017
Deadline: 19 June 2017
July 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23 October 2017
Deadline: 6 November 2017
Applications Open: 15 January 2018
Deadline: 29 January 2018
December 2019 Class:
Applications Open: 23 April 2018
Deadline: 7 May 2018
Applications Open: 11 June 2018
Deadline: 25 June 2018