"As part of measures to improve efficiency and integrity of the selection processes, the Federal Scholarship Board, Federal Ministry of Education has adopted the Computer Based Test (CBT) for the conduct of the 2018/2019 Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)nomination interviews".
The dates for the interviews have been rescheduled from the earlier scheduled date which was February, 19th -23rd to February 28th to March 1st 2018. This was done in order to grant candidates adequate time for adjustment.
The Honorable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites all interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2018/2019 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Award for:
- Undergraduate (UG) Studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) Studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All Qualified Candidates Are Advised To:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled below.
Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017).
Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
NOTE (For all Applicants):
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu before 15th February, 2018.
- Complete the application form online
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Also See: 2018 Canada SJDAW Graduate Scholarship
VENUE OF INTERVIEW:
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background; and
- Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only.
- Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals.
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
TIME : 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE.