2018/2019 Uppsala University Masters Scholarship (100% tuition) for Nigeria and Other African Countries
The King Carl Gustaf Scholarship is designed for students who live in unsafe and dangerous conditions in areas of conflict outside Europe. The Scholarships amount will cover the cost of tuition for studies at Uppsala University Master’s programmes offered during the current admission round and commencing August 2018. The scholarship will not cover living expenses.
This scholarship is offered annually.
Application opens: 16th January 2018
Application closes: 1st February 2018.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
To be taken at (country): Sweden
Field of Study: All
- Citizens of: Afghanistan, DR Congo, Ethiopia, India, Iraq, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Turkey and Yemen.
- Applicants must show why they are particularly vulnerable and therefore in need to belonging to the education environment at Uppsala University as well as having the academic talent required.
- Students can only be awarded a King Carl Gustaf scholarship for their first priority programme at Uppsala University.
- You must meet the entrance requirements for the programme you applied to and application fee, and supporting documents must have been received before deadline to University Admissions.
Selection Process: Uppsala University’s scholarships for tuition liable students are merit-based and are awarded to academically talented students who show an interest in belonging to an educational milieu. Information about your academic performance is taken from the supporting documents you submit when applying to Master’s or Bachelor’s studies. The written motivation in your online scholarship application is also taken into account. Financial need does not factor into the awarding.
The scholarship selection process will be undertaken in parallel with the programme selection process. To gain entrance to the programme, and be awarded a scholarship, students must meet all general and specific entry requirements. The application fee and supporting documents must also be received before the deadline. Students who submit incomplete applications or do not apply in time will not be considered for scholarships at Uppsala University.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Complete tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
Scholarship Deadline: The application period for scholarships from Uppsala University will be open from 16 January to 1 February 2018.
How to Apply: Click on this link to Apply
Documentation to send:
- No extra documents need to be sent. Documents submitted with your programme application on www.universityadmissions.se will be used.
- Your application ID from www.universityadmissions.se must be noted on the scholarship application form.
Award Provider: Uppsala University
Did you find the information on this page interesting? Kindly share it using the social buttons available.