The University of Birmingham UK is offering a joint award with UKEAS for Nigerian students to apply for Outstanding Achievement Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in 2017/2018. This scholarship is offered annually.
About the Award: The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce three scholarship awards of £5,000 for Nigerian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2018. This is a joint award with our local representatives, UKEAS Nigeria, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programmes in September 2018.
Application Deadline: 30th May 2018
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): University of Birmingham, UK
Field of Study: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2018 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – UKEAS Nigeria.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with UKEAS Nigeria by 30 May 2018.
Number of Scholarships: four (4)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship award is for £5,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2018.
Duration of Scholarship: First year only
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and be registered with UKEAS Nigeria by the scholarship deadline of 30 May 2018. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced in late-August.
Scholarship Provider: University of Birmingham, UK and UKEAS
- Please note that students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham in the UK, and students applying for MBChB Medicine and Surgery or BDS Dental Surgery are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2018. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.