Connect with us

-  2018 NECO examination timetable is out

-  See how to check NECO 2018 SSCE timetable

-  Full instructions on NECO Examination 2018

• posted by

princess
NECO Releases 2018 SSCE Timetable

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the timetable for the 2018 (Internal) Senior Secondary School Examination (SSCE).

NECO June/July examination is taken by candidates in their last stage of Secondary School Education. The SSCE is in two categories. One is for candidates in the third and final year of their senior secondary education and it is called SSCE Internal while the Second is SSCE External and is for candidates not in the School system, i.e. Private Candidates.

The NECO SSCE internal has seventy-six subjects. According to the NECO 2018 Timetable, the examination has been scheduled to start on 21st May and will end on the 9th of July, 2018.

Below is the 2018 NECO SSCE timetable. You can also click on the link below to download the timetable in PDF format. The PDF version contains the paper code and duration for each subject.

Download PDF

2018 NECO June/July SSCE Timetable

DATE PAPER TITLE AND SUBJECT TIME
Monday 21ST May to Friday 25th May Paper I: Practical – Physical Education Actual date and time will be fixed by the Council.
Paper I: Practical – Auto Mechanics

Wednesday 30th May

Paper I: Practical – Biology 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Office Practice 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Mechanics 2:30pm – 5:00pm
Thursday 31st May Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Biology 10:00am – 12:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Government 2:00pm – 4:40pm
Friday 1st June Paper III & I: Objective & Practical / Physical – Geography 10:00am – 12:30pm

Monday 4th June

Paper III: Objective – General Mathematics 10:00am – 11:45am
Paper II: Essay – General Mathematics 12:00noon –2:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Basic Electricity 3:15pm – 5:30pm
Tuesday 5th June Paper I: Practical – Physics 10:00am – 12:45pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Economics 2:30pm – 5:30pm
Wednesday 6th June Paper I: Practical – Chemistry 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Civic Education 2:00pm – 5:00pm

Thursday 7th June

Paper II & III: Essay & Objective – English Language 10:00am – 12:45pm
Paper IV: Test of Orals – English Language 1:00pm – 1:45pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Electronics 3:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Insurance 3:00pm – 5:40pm
Friday 8th June Paper III & IV: Objective & Prose – Literature in English 10:00am – 12:15pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Woodwork 10:00am – 12:00noon

Monday 11th June

Paper I: Practical – Agricultural Science 10:00am – 11:30am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Christian Religious Studies 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Islamic Studies 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Tuesday 12th June to Friday 15th June SALLAH BREAK

Monday 18th June

Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Chemistry 10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper I: Drawing – Building Construction 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – History 2:00pm – 5:00pm

Tuesday 19th June

Paper III: Objective – Financial Accounting 10:00am – 11:20am
Paper II: Theory & Practice – Financial Accounting 11:20am – 1:50pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Home Management 2:30pm – 5:00pm
Wednesday 20th June Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Physics 10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Commerce 2:00pm – 4:40pm

Thursday 21st June

Paper I(b): Painting and Decoration (Practical) 10:00am – 4:00pm
Paper I(b): Dyeing and Bleaching (Practical) 10:00am – 4:00pm
Paper I(b): Printing Craft Practice (Practical) 10:00am – 4:00pm
Paper I(b): Photography (Practical) 10:00am – 4:00pm
Paper I(b): Leather Goods Manufacturing and Repair (Practical) 10:00am – 4:00pm
Paper I: Practical – Mining 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I: Practical – Fisheries 10:00am – 11:30am
Paper I: Practical – Animal Husbandry 10:00am – 11:30am
Paper IV: Drawing & Design – Furniture Making 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I: Practical – Stenography 10:00am – 11:17am

Friday 22nd June

Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration 10:00am – 11:40am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Electrical Installation & Maintenance Work 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Blocklaying, Bricklaying & Concrete Work 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Machine Woodworking 10:00am – 11:40am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Carpentry & Joinery 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Furniture Making 10:00pm – 11:45am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Upholstery 10:00am – 11:30am
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Stenography 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Animal Husbandry 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Fisheries 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Painting and Decoration (Report Writing) 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Dyeing and Bleaching (Report Writing) 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Printing Craft Practice (Report Writing) 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Photography (Report Writing) 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper I(a): Leather Goods Manufacturing and Repair (Report Writing) 10:00am – 12:00noon

Monday 25th June

Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Ibibio 10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper II: Drama & Poetry – Literature in English 2:30pm – 4:10pm

Thursday 28th June

Paper III: Objective – Further Mathematics 10:00am – 12:00noon
Paper II: Essay – Further Mathematics 12:15pm – 2:45pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Store Management 3:00pm – 5:40pm
Friday 29th June Paper II: Essay – Human and Regional Geography 10:00am – 12:00noon

Monday 2nd July

Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Visual Art 10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper I: Written Comprehension – French 2:00pm – 3:00pm
Paper II: Written Expression – French 3:00pm – 4:45pm
Friday 6th July Paper I: Practical – Data Processing 10:00am – 1:00pm

Monday 9th July

Paper I: Practical – Technical Drawing 10:00am – 1:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto-Body Repair and Spray Painting 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Electrical Work 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Mechanical work 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Welding & Fabrication Engineering Craft Practice 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Plumbing & Pipe Fitting 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Tourism 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Store Keeping 2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Book Keeping 2:00pm – 5:50pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Salesmanship 2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Catering Craft Practice 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Clothing & Textiles 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Auto Parts Merchandising 2:00pm – 4:15pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Radio, Television & Electronics Work 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Cosmetology 2:00pm – 4:30pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Minning 2:00pm – 4:45pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Data Processing 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – GSM Maintenance & Repairs 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Marketing 2:00pm – 4:40pm
Paper III & II: Objective & Essay- Garment Making 2:00pm – 4:30pm

SCHOOLS AND CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THE FOLLOWING:

1. FOR PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND AUTO MECHANICS PRACTICAL PAPER I; FRENCH, MUSIC AND ARABIC PAPER IV, THE SPECIFIC VENUES FOR THE EXAMINATION SHOULD BE CONFIRMED FROM NECO OFFICES IN THE STATE.
  2. PRACTICAL IN THE SCIENCES, STENOGRAPHY, COMPUTER STUDIES AND DATA PROCESSING SHOULD BE IN SETS WHERE THE NUMBER OF CANDIDATES IS LARGE AND EQUIPMENT CANNOT GO ROUND.
  3. VISUAL ART PAPER IV [CREATIVE DESIGN] SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST ONE WEEK TO THE EXAMINATION DAY.
  4. WELDING AND FABRICATION, ENGINEERING CRAFT PRACTICE SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST THREE WEEKS TO THE EXAMINATION DAY.
  5. NIGERIAN LANGUAGES (HAUSA, IGBO, YORUBA, EDO, EFIK AND IBIBIO) INCLUDE LITERATURE ASPECTS.
  6. ALBINOS AND BLIND CANDIDATES ARE TO BE GIVEN 30 MINUTES EXTRA TIME IN ALL SUBJECTS.
  7. BLIND CANDIDATES MUST MAKE USE OF NECO SUPPLIED OBR CUSTOMISED BRAILLE SHEET FOR THE EXAMINATION.
  8. DYEING AND BLEACHING 1B, PHOTOGRAPHY 1B, PAINTING AND DECORATION 1B, PRINTING CRAFT PRACTICE 1B, LEATHER GOODS MANUFACTURING AND REPAIR 1B, SHOULD BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES AT LEAST TWO WEEKS TO THE EXAMINATION DATE.
  9. USE OF SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR IS ALLOWED
  10. PROGRAMMABLE CALCULATOR IS NOT ALLOWED
  11. BRINGING GSM INTO THE EXAMINATION HALL IS PROHIBITED.

Download PDF

Also See: List of Universities in Nigeria

Scholarship Opportunities

Did you find the information on this page interesting? Kindly share it using the social buttons available.

Follow us on Twitter, like our Facebook page and subscribe to our notifications for updates on JAMB, WAEC, NECO, School News, NYSC, Scholarship for Nigerians, Jobs, Etc.

Add new comment