The popular cashless policy in Nigeria is quite effective in most areas due to the multiple options available for financial transactions. With POS, Mobile App, USSD codes, purchasing items and doing all forms of financial activities is quite simple and easy.
One of the most popular means of transferring cash or buying airtime is the use of short USSD code. In addition to other methods, Most banks in Nigeria have simple codes that could be use for financial transactions that doesn't require internet.
Knowing the fund transfer and airtime recharging short code of your bank means you can never be stranded as long as your registered mobile line is with you.
Using the short code requires the phone number you used in your account opening form and could also require you to activate SMS alert notification.
Learn how to transfer funds and recharge your mobile line without internet access.
Below are USSD codes for Access Bank, Diamond Bank, Ecobank, Fidelity Bank, First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Guarantee Trust Bank (GTBank), Enterprise Bank, First Bank, Heritage Bank, Jaiz Bank, Keystone Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Skye Bank, Sterling Bank, Union Bank, Unity Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA), Wema Bank and Zenith Bank.
1. Access Bank PLC – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Access bank account to Access Bank account or other banks,
- Dial *901# and follow the onscreen prompt.
- To buy airtime from Access Bank account (to recharge your phone number with airtime), simply dial *901*Amount#
For instance, if you want to recharge your line with N1000 airtime, dial *901*1000#
2. Diamond Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Diamond bank account to any bank,
For Diamond Bank Y’ello account to other banks
- Dial *710*777*Account Number*Amount*Pin#
For instance, If you want to transfer N5,000 to another bank you'll dial *710*777*2345678900*5000*0000#
For Diamond Y’ello to Diamond Y’ello Transfers
- Dial *710*710*Phone Number*Amount*Pin#
For instance, If you want to transfer N5,000 to another Diamond Y’ello account you'll dial *710*710*07011111111*5000*0000#
3. Ecobank – USSD Banking Code
Ecobank USSD Money Transfer Code
To transfer money from Ecobank bank Nigeria PLC to any other bank,
- Dial *326# and follow the on-screen prompt
- To recharge your phone or any person's phone number with airtime, simply dial *326*1*Amount#
4. First City Monument Bank (FCMB) – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from FCMB to other banks and also buy airtime using FCMB account,
- Dial *389*214# and follow the on-screen prompt.
If you are new to the service, FCMB Welcome Message will be displayed with the following options and you'll be required to sign up for the service first:
- Activate with card
- Activate with Account
- Activate with Mwallet
Follow the steps below to register;
- Choose option 2 by typing 2 and send
Enter your account number.
- Call Contact Centre on 01-2798800 or visit any FCMB branch to generate your PIN.
- Once you’ve gotten your PIN; Dial *389*214# on the phone and click on Security, Select Change PIN to enter your default PIN and enter your new four digits PIN when prompted.
If you have issues with the setup, kindly walk into any FCMB branch nearest to you, the customer service team will assist you.
5. Fidelity Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Fidelity bank to any other bank,
- Dial *770*Account number*Amount# and follow the prompt to complete the transaction
For instance, if you want to transfer the sum of N5,000, dial *770*1234567890*5000#
To complete the transaction, you'll be required to:
- Select the beneficiary bank name; Zenith Bank, Diamond bank etc
- Enter your transfer PIN to confirm transfer. The recipient account number will be shown for verification purpose before inserting your PIN.
If you are new and haven’t used the service before, you will be prompted to create a PIN.
- You can dial *770# » Enter your Account number » Select a 4-digit PIN for your account.
Take note: If you run two accounts with Fidelity bank, current and saving account and you have registered both with the same phone number, once you carry out transaction on mobile, your current account will be first to get debited.
6. First Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from First bank to other banks,
- Dial *894*Amount*Account Number# and follow the onscreen prompt.
For instance, If you want to transfer N5,000 you'll dial *894*5000*1234567890#
7. Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from GTBank to another bank and same bank, follow the steps below;
To Transfer funds to same bank (Intrabank transfer)
Here’s how to transfer funds from your account to another GTBank account number;
- Dial *737*1*Amount*Account Number# e.g *737*1*1000*1234567890#
- Use the last four digits of your Naira MasterCard to complete the transaction.
To transfer to another bank (Interbank Transfer)
Here’s how to transfer funds to another bank from your GTBank,
- Dial *737*2*Amount*Account Number# e.g *737*2*1000*1234567890#
- Then use the last four digits of your MasterCard to complete the transaction.
8. Heritage Bank – USSD Banking Code
Here’s how to transfer money from Heritage bank to another bank, follow the steps below;
- Dial *322*030*Account Number*Amount# and follow the on-screen command to complete the transaction. For example, dial *322*030*1234567890*2000# to transfer N2000 naira.
Alternatively, you can transfer funds through their mobile banking or internet banking platforms if previously registered. Click here to download Heritage mobile banking app for money transfer.
9. Jaiz Bank – USSD Banking Code
To carry out financial transaction with Jaiz Bank account without internet, the bank has SMS banking service.
The features of Jaiz SMS banking include:
- Balance enquiry
- Account blocking
- Last 5 transactions
- Cheque Book request
- Cheque confirmation
- Stop Cheque
- Block card
- Account statement request via e-mail
To enjoy this service, please SEND any of the SMS Formats below to 08055555700
|S/N||Transaction Type||SMS Format||Sample Message|
|1||Change your PIN||CHANGEPIN OLDPIN NEWPIN||CHANGEPIN 0000 1234|
|2||Balance Enquiry||BALANCE ACCTNO PIN||BALANCE 0123456789 1234|
|3||Blocking of Account||BLOCK ACCTNO PIN||BLOCK 0123456789 1234|
|4||Last 5 Transactions||TRANSACTIONS ACCTNO PIN||TRANSACTIONS 0123456789 1234|
|5||Confirm Cheque||CONFIRMCHEQUE ACCTNO LEAFNUMBER AMOUNT PIN||CONFIRMCHEQUE 0123456789 20 5000.00 1234|
|6||Stop Cheque||STOPCHEQUE ACCTNO LEAFNUMBER PIN||STOPCHEQUE 0123456789 20 1234|
|7||ATM Card Block||BLOCKCARD ACCTNO PIN||BLOCKCARD 0123456789 1234|
|8||Account Statement Request via Email||STATEMENTREQUEST ACCTNO PIN||STATEMENT 0123456789 1234|
- No need to visit branches in confirming account balances
- This service can be accessed from anywhere in the world
- Request, Stop and Confirm cheques real time
- Easy way of blocking your card or account from unauthorized transactions
10. Keystone Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Keystone bank to other banks,
- Dial *322*082# and follow the onscreen prompts to complete a transaction.
11. Skye Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Skye bank to other banks,
- Dial *833# on your mobile phone and follow the prompt.
12. Sterling Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Sterling bank to other banks,
- Dial *822# and follow the onscreen prompt.
13. Stanbic IBTC – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Stanbic IBTC to other banks,
- Dial *909# and follow the onscreen prompt.
14. Union Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Union bank to other banks,
- Dial *389*038# and follow the prompt
15. Unity Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Unity bank to other banks,
- Dial *389*215# on your mobile and follow the prompt.
16. UBA – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from UBA to other banks,
- Simply dial *919# from your registered phone number to get started.
17. Wema Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Wema bank to other banks,
- Dial *322*035*Account Number*Amount#
18. Zenith Bank – USSD Banking Code
To transfer money from Zenith bank to other banks,
- Dial *966*Amount*Account number#
- To recharge your phone number with airtime, dial *966*Amount#
- To recharge other phone numbers with airtime, dial *966*PhoneNumber*Amount#