NYSC Redeployment: How to Change State of Deployment

NYSC Redeployment: How to Change of State of Deployment

NYSC Redeployment: How to Change State of Deployment happens to be one of the most inquired information by corps members posted to places with security challenges or town very far from their home or deployed state they dislike.

The need to change state of deployment varies per corps member and each has what is seemingly a logical reason to wanting to change assigned state for NYSC scheme.

What is NYSC Redeployment?

Redeployment can thus be referred to as process involved in transferring a corp member from the state of deployment to a more presumed comfortable state

Why Redeploy?

It's normal thing when people are anxious about NYSC, because the state of deployment may not be favorable or as expected. you may have asked how to apply for NYSC Redeployment or Relocation.

Most prospective corp members will always search for ways to work out their NYSC posting to a preferable state of their chosen. A few will be successful while others may not have enough money to carry it out. These latter set of people thus leave their hope into the hands of fate.

Read Also: Everything you should know about NYSC

Is It Possible to change NYSC state of deployment?

Well here is the good news,

Yes! It is absolutely possible for a corps member to redeploy from his or her State of deployment. But the chances are usually low except for the few mentioned scenario below:

What are the conditions and requirements for redeployment?

NYSC Management allows for change of state of redeployment/relocation to a choice state. NYSC  change of state of Redeployment/relocation are granted on any of the conditions below:

The National Youth Service Corps will only consider requests that meet the requirements below:

1. Marital Reason

Marital ground is usually only considered for female corps members who want to move to the state of residence of their husband. A corps member who wants to be relocated to another state, should after the Swearing-in Ceremony apply in his/her writing stating why he/she wants to be relocated. The application should be addressed to the Director-General through the State Coordinator. If you are applying on marital ground, you are to attach the following:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Change of name in any of the National Newspaper
  • A letter from your husband’s office as an evidence that your husband is domiciled in the state you want to relocate to.

2. Medical Reason

You will need a medical report from our institution’s medical Centre or a recognized General Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Military/Police Hospital reports. And claimed to medical case history are subject to further confirmation to establish their authenticity.

NOTE: Fake Medical Reports Attract Sanctions

3. Security Reason

States affected are: Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe, and other Northern states in that region. This has been a major concern in the country and the trend of Boko haram is on the high-rise, most Northern states are not safe anymore, every day we hear strange news about Boko haram, moving from one Northern states to the next. This actually breaks the heart of a prospective corps member when he/she sees their call up letter showing state of deployment Adamawa state.  Parents won’t even allow their children to go to camp for the orientation exercise and even if they allow them go, their mind won’t be at rest, just because the security of this country is terrible and the so-called government can’t do anything about it.

How can i redeploy/relocate while in NYSC Camp?

1. To apply for redeployment/relocation while in camp:

During the NYSC Orientation course in camp, Corpers interested in redeploying/relocating will be given the opportunity to apply for relocation.

They'll have to fill a form stating reasons for wanting to redeploy/relocate and other details. An evidence will be required with the form submission as well as an application letter.

Requirement for Application for redeployment/relocation in Camp include:

  • Application Letter
  • Questionnaire stating particulars and reason for redeploying
  • Evidence for reason to redeploy (e.g Marriage Certificate or Health Certificate)

2. Online application for redeployment/relocation:

Apart from applying for relocation in Camp, you can also do it online.

Steps in applying for NYSC Redeployment/relocation online

  • Visit the NYSC portal
  • Sign in with your email and password; same as the ones you earlier used in registering on the portal.
  • Click on "Relocation"
  • Fill in your details appropriately into the fields provided.
  • Wait for notification either by SMS or email on your application status
  • If your application is approved, you'll be notified by SMS or email as well.

If your application is approved, here's

How to print NYSC Online Relocation and Redeployment Letter

  • Visit the NYSC Portal
  • Log in with your details
  • Select "Manage Relocation"
  • Make payment
  • Print your payment receipt. It's your evidence of payment in case any unexpected issue arises latter
  • After payment you'll see an option to print redeployment/relocation letter
  • Print the letter and make a copy
  • Take it to your new State of deployment


Hope you found this helpful, 

comment with your contributions and questions, Thank you

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.