[FUNNY] 15 Different People You Must Meet in Camp
These 15 different kinds of corps members you must meet in the Nysc orientation camp. Orientation camp is filled with all kinds of people from various institutions and various parts of the country and the world.
Usually, the initial opening week in camp, everyone is the same; simple, quite, respectful, religious, loving, and so on. Barely one week after camp registration, they begin to blend into the camp system.
Here are some of those kind of folks you must come across in camp.
1. The Clowns: These are the extremely funny ones, most of them are from Warri. They always have something to say or do to make you laugh. Most of the time. They will make you laugh and laugh until your rib start cracking. They will never be serious for once, all they do is to find someone or something to make fun of. They never get tired of talking. Don’t bother confronting them for anything because they will end up making you an object of ridicule and many persons will join them to laugh at you. Begging them to stop making you laugh won't solve the problem either.
2. Mistakers: This type of otondos always get it all wrong on the parade ground. After they have been corrected several times by the soldiers, they still get confused. You will mostly see them turning to the right at the time the command says ‘left turn’. When others are at "Attention", that is when they have their hands behind at "Ease". Their hands will never go together with others during quick match and when they halt, their legs always bangs last. Make sure you never look them when they are matching because you will laugh all day.
3. The Fainters: This kind get masters degree when it comes to fainting. Do not be surprised when someone faint by your side, or when you hear people shouting 'Red Cross! Red Cross! Over and over again. Most often, these corpers are not down because of any illness but they are looking for a way to bypass drills, most especially at the time drills get tougher. Sometimes, they will team up with friends and pretend to faint, then, their friends will start calling for help.
4. Kitchen Lords: These ones are the first to complain about how terrible the Nysc food is, but they never missed a meal. These kind of otondos usually join the platoon that is first to leave the parade ground even when their own platoon are still on parade, so that they can get their plates washed quickly and gets to the kitchen before any other person does. You see them start forming a queue even when the canteen workers are still boiling water to mix "eba".
5. Shunters: Usually, in camp, you queue up for everything; registration, bath, food, etc. This kind of corpers can be so annoying; when you been standing under the sun for hours, the next thing is to see them coming from nowhere and joined the long queue at your front. Shunting runs through their vains like blood, even when the queue has just 5 persons, they will still find a way to bypass others.
6. Womanizers: These are sharp guys. They are in camp only to hunt for girls, and their aim is to 'chase' as many girls as possible. There can be upto 1,500 girls in camp as the case may be. at least one has to gree. Some of these guys makes it their primary mission to hunt one new babe every day or two days as the case may be. Its only sad that relationships you build in camp only last in camp. only less than 10% survive it after camp
7. Photonizers: Lol, there is no such thing as photonizers except that we use to show that many ladies have abused the use of their phone cameras to expose even the most uncommon scenes in camp like; - parade things, Food thing, Mami Levels, Toilet things, This soldier wan chyke me o, white fowl bae, man o war levels. etc. The ladies are more in this group. They prefer spending all their money on photograph to feeding their tummy. They never get satisfied with selfies no matter the amount of shots. This group of corpers snap selfie like mad.
8. Idle Folks: This kind make you wonder if they were forced to be in camp. They don’t participate in anything at all, be it the fun parts and the boring parts. They hardly go for parade and lectures and always complain about the Nysc scheme being a waste of time. You will always find them laying on their bed in the room even after the soldiers have chased everyone out. They alway have drugs and fake medical reports to cover up.
9. Grown ups:These ones don’t want to be left out of the fun in camp. They are old but cannot accept the fact that they are not youths anymore. They can do anything possible not to look old, specifically they pay much attention to their hairstyle. And then you see them very quiet. They prefer not to be noticed.
10. Runs Babes: Within few days in camp, you will see runs babes getting close to soldiers and camp officials. They simply want to be posted well. They suddenly become interesting and wants to know everyone in camp. Some succeed and some fail
11. Mami benders: This kind always claim to be too big to eat Nysc food or to join long queue for Nysc meals. They usually boast they never touched their meal ticket and they used to be too proud about that. You find them in Mammy in company of their friends flexing. But after few days in the camp, their pockets will run dry and they will start managing Nysc food small small, until one day you will be surprised to see them fighting in the queue to get Nysc food.
12. Religious folks: These are mostly ladies who believe wearing trouser is a sin against their religion. Some don’t even wear short to the parade ground. You see some with long hijab to cover their backside.
13. Lovers: There are always those that meet themselves in camp and suddenly become attached at ones. They are always loved up for the full 3 weeks. At the end of camp, their love usually disappears. Just watch them.
14. The Lost: This kind of corpers are always new in camp starting from the first day till the day camp will close. They are in camp just for the sake of it. They are not in to have fun. Everything seems so strange to them. You will often find the asking where is lectures, where is mami market dey, how do I do this and that. They alway sleep. They keep complaining of the whole activities throughout their stay in the camp.
15. Over-Sabi: This group of corpers have studied the Nysc program like if it's an examination they going to write. They know about Nysc even more than the camp commandant. This group of people are walking and breathing Nysc encyclopedia. In most cases they are picked as overall parade commander.
you can add your own at the comment box below
Did you find the information on this page interesting? Kindly share it using the social buttons available.