The Management of Akwa Ibom State College of Health Technology has announce admission guidelines for 2019/2020 Academic session admission as well as courses offered by the institution.
- Environmental Health Course for those wishing to train as Environmental Health Technicians (EVT) — 3 Years
- National Diploma (ND), Environmental Health Technology — 2 year,
- Higher National Diploma (HND), - Environmental Health Technology — 2 years
- A programme for those wishing to train as Pharmacy Technicians- 2 years
- Programme for those wishing to train as Medical Laboratory Technicians (3 Years)
- Professional Diploma (PD), Health Information Management -(3 years)
- A Programme for those wishing to train as Community Health Junior Extension Workers (JCHEW) — 2 years
- Communiry Health Extension (CHEW) —3 years
- Higher National Diploma (HND), Public Health Nursing
Interested candidates must have five (5) credits in the following subjects, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language obtained in any of the following; WASC, GCE, SSCE, or NECO at once or in not more than two (2) sittings. NATEB is also accepted.
Sales of Application forms begin on Monday May 13, 2019, Time 9am — 3 pm daily excluding weekends and public holidays and ends on 27th May, 2019
Forms can be obtained at the following locations on payment of N10,000 only.
- State Ministry of Health, Block 8, Room 69, Idongesit Nkanga Secretariat, Uyo
- Admin department, College of Health Technology, Etinan
In-service Candidates and candidates awaiting results can also apply
- Date of Entrance Examination: 1st June, 2019
- Venue: Aka Community High School, Uyo
- Time: 9.00am
Note that only Candidates with the above stated qualifications are eligible to apply.
Candidates for HND in Public Health Nursing must have obtained in addition to the above, registered Nurse (RN), Registered Nurse/Midwife, Bachelor Nursing Science (BNS, BScNS)